Jeep Gladiator Mojave – Desert Rated
The legendary Jeep® 4×4 capability matures to a new level to earn the newly-minted Desert Rated badge. Desert Rated is the new Jeep® standard for maneuvering off-road at high-speeds on desert terrain.
Jeep® Desert Rated
The all-new Desert Rated badge is earned through passing a series of strenuous tests in five categories.
Ride Control and Stability: A groundbreaking suspension tackles desert topography with uncompromising control and comfort.
Traction: Conquers surfaces such as sand, gravel and loose dirt with confidence by strategically managing and delivering power to the wheels.
Ground Clearance: Maximized clearance with an optimized suspension allow the Mojave to conquer dunes and anything else the desert or the driver’s commute throws at it.
Maneuverability: Drivers will appreciate the nimble and responsive handling in the desert, and on city streets.
Desert Prowess: Proven to withstand the intense heat, course sand, loose gravel and intrusive dust found in the desert – and lake-side sand dunes..
A New Level of 4×4 Capability
The Command-Trac 4×4 system is the starting point for the Mojave edition’s new level of capability. It provides higher 4LO (low range) operating speeds for climbing sand dunes and other challenging desert topography.
The system also includes:
- A two-speed transfer case with a 2.72:1 low-range gear ration
- Heavy-duty third-generation Dana 44 front and rear axles
- A 4.10:1 axle ration
- A standard electronic-locking rear differential
The enhancements to the off-road capability continue with an impressive approach angle of 44.7 degrees, breakover angle of 20.9 degrees and a 11.6-inch ground clearance.
Other Capability Highlights
The Gladiator Mojave’s capability continues with:
- Up to 1,200 pounds of payload and up to 6,000 pounds of towing capacity
- Jeep® Performance Parts step sand slider side rails that help protect the frame and wheels
- A one-inch front suspension lift for increased jounce travel
- A silver-colored front skid plate for protection over rugged sand terrain
Smoothing Out the Ride and Handling
The Mojave features FOX 2.5-inch internal shocks maximize handling and add bottom-out resistance on high-speed sand runs. The FOX shocks contain internal passages that allow fluid to bypass the piston through regulated ports as it moves through the suspension travel. This results in the ability to ramp up damping force during extreme use.
- Front and rear external shock reservoirs keep the military-grade suspension fluid cool, which maintains performance at extreme temperatures and prevents shock fade
- A secondary pair of FOX front hydraulic jounce bumpers act as a secondary pair of shocks when the suspension reaches maximum compression. These secondary shocks soften impacts and prevent bottoming out in harsh off-road situations
Gladiator Mojave Powertrain – Designed to Get it Done
The Gladiator Mojave’s 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine delivers 285 horsepower and 260 lbs.-ft. of torque, is designed for extreme off-roading. The engine is equipped to provide a broad torque band with a focus on low-end torque essential to climbing the dunes of the desert. The 6-speed manual transmission is standard with the 3.6-liter. The 8-speed automatic transmission is optional.
Interior Safety and Security – with Features that Stand Out
In the cabin the Gladiator Mojave features front seats integrated upper bolsters to hold occupants safely in place. The upgraded seats can be leather or cloth with orange accent stitching and embroidered Mojave logos. The interior comes in two color options; Black and Steel Grey. The steering wheel is leather-wrapped with accent stitching that features an aggressive rim section for extra grip and ergonomic comfort.
Exterior Appearance Features that Wow
The exterior starts the excitement with features that say “Desert Rated.”
- Unique Desert Rated badges
- Heavy-duty performance hood with center scoop and decal
- One-inch front suspension lift
- Orange tow hooks
- 17×7.5-inch wheels
- Jeep® Performance Parts step side rails
- Forward-facing off-road camera
Customers looking for adventure in the desert or on the lake-side dunes will love the Jeep® Gladiator Mojave.