SCI CarCare Can Make the Lease Return Process Worry-Free!
Finance Nov 17th, 2017
One objection that we get sometimes to a customer considering leasing a vehicle instead of purchasing/financing is the lease return process. Every vehicle experiences an amount of wear and tear while it is being driven, and the last thing you want is a big repair bill at the end of your lease for a vehicle you aren’t even going to be driving anymore!
Minor wear & tear can add up over a few years – a cracked windshield, some bald tires, a cracked bumper, a scratch in your paint, etc. But all these minor things can add up to a major reconditioning bill from the leasing company. That’s where SCI CarCare comes into play. For as little as $16.65+HST per month, adding SCI CarCare to your lease will save you from those unexpected charges.
Advantages of SCI CareCare:
- Waives up to a total of $5000 of eligible excess wear and tear charges.
- $0 deductible
- Peace of mind for a worry-free lease return process
Covered Items Include:
- Cracked, chipped, scratched & broken glass
- Dents, scratches & gouges
- Paint damage
- Worn tires (excludes winter tires – your lease should be returned with the original tires & wheels from factory)
- Bumper damage
- Damaged wheels (alloy & steel)
- Scratches lenses
- Upholstery stains, burns & tears
- Dented/damaged wheel covers
- Damaged trailer hitch*
- Damaged mouldings*
- Damaged running boards*
- Broken factory audio components
- Broken keys or key fobs (but not missing – see exclusions below)
- Missing parts (less than $150 in value)
*limited to factory or dealer installed prior to lease inception.
Exclusions and Limitations:
- Coverage must be purchased on the effective date of the lease
- A single incident or event will only be covered up to $1000 for excess wear damage
- The coverage only kicks in when returning the lease. The coverage does not pay for making repairs to the vehicle, it simply forgives you for wear & tear charges.
- Missing keys/key fobs are not covered
- Electrical or mechanical charges
- Excess kilometre charges
- Sub-standard previous repairs
- This article is a general outline of coverage only and does not constitute your agreement. Please see your agreement for the details of coverage as well as conditions, limitations, and exclusions.